The Deer Ridge Community Association is recruiting for board members!
Why volunteer to be on the Board?
- To maintain the quality of life you expect in your community.
- To correct a problem within your community.
- To give back to your community and neighbours.
- To be sociable, meet your neighbours, and make friends.
- To build your personal resume by including your leadership capacity and community volunteer service.
- To have fun accomplishing things around your community together with your neighbours.
- To get educated on the many facets of running a community association such as; planning and implementation, maintenance and repair, and understanding financials.
- To express yourself and be creative while offering your opinion on solutions to improve your community.
We’d love to hear from you by phone or email!
Meetings are held monthly, on the third Tuesday, from 7:00 pm to about 8:30 pm. Also in attendance is representation from your Provincial MLA, City of Calgary Ward 14 Councillor, City of Calgary Neighbourhood Services, and the Calgary Police Service.
Our next meeting is Tuesday, November 21st, at the Trico Centre in Room #9 (upper level). All residents are welcome to attend.
Parks, Pathways, and Greenspace Litter Pick-up
Tomorrow morning, Saturday, June 24th, come to Yellow Slide Playground (Deerview Drive SE). At 10:00 am we will be giving out one-size-fits-all fashionable gloves and matching garbage bags for litter pick-up of community parks, pathways, and greenspaces. Help keep your community clean. Water and snacks are available.
Queensland/Diamond Cove/Deer Ridge Clean-up
Sunday, June 25th from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
This is your opportunity to get rid of the big stuff and loads of little stuff. The City of Calgary will have a dumper trucks on site. You can also recycle your electronics and metals. Volunteers are always welcome to assist
Community Festival In Your Neck Of The Woods
Sunday, June 25th from 10 am – 3 pm.
Join in on the fun at Deer Point Plaza (No Frills, Big T’s BBQ, Cornerstone Café) This is great fun featuring local musicians, artisan and vendor tables, free kids activities, dancing and much more!