The cashier’s role is similar to a bank teller’s. The cashier interacts directly with casino players. Any transactions over $200 must be witnessed by the general manager, banker or cash cage advisor. The cashier reports to the banker and works with the general manager, banker, financial control supervisor, advisor, and casino players.
• receives and counts opening cash fill from banker;
• maintains security of chips and cash; retains personal control at all times of cash and chips for which they are responsible while on duty in the cash cage;
• redeems players’ chips for cash; must not sell chips;
• ensures the general manager, banker, or advisor witnesses all player cash-outs over $200;
• ensures trays are put in cash drawers and drawers are locked when leaving cash cage; and
• accounts for and transfers all chips and cash for which they were responsible to the banker at the end of a shift.