The role of the banker is to supervise the cash cage. This includes documenting all cash cage transactions, ensuring the security of the chips and cash in the cash cage, and holding the cashiers accountable for the chips and cash they manage while on duty. The banker reports to the general manager and is responsible for cashiers and chip runners.
• receives and counts opening chip inventory and cash bankroll with general manager; records and maintains a running inventory of both;
• issues opening inventory of chips to games where required;
• documents transactions as required and maintains security and control of chips/coin inventory during shift;
• supplies games with chips/coin as requested on CasinoTrack system;
• receives excess chips/coin from games as requested on CasinoTrack system;
• verifies opening inventories on CasinoTrack system each day;
• issues opening cash fill and subsequent cash fills to cashiers;
• obtains cash transfers from count room supervisor as required;
• receives inventory of chips/cash from cashiers;
• counts, amalgamates and records all chips and cash in cash cage at the end of the day;
• transfers chips to custody of general manager;
• prepares bank deposits; and
• transfers cash to general manager for secure overnight storage or deposit.